Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A little green.

So I love the color green. I know, so does everyone, blah blah. That is the most obvious color to like. Especially right after months of seemingly endless grey and cold. Green is life, green is happiness, green seems to be hopeful.  My problem has always been that I use too much of it in everything I do..from buying washcloths of the most perfect chartreuse, to suddenly finding that I have used it in over half of the rooms of my house unintentionally.  An art teacher told me once...you have different subject matter in all of your paintings, but they are all the SAME COLOR!! GASP! I had no idea until I lined them all up. Later, I was lamenting over this problem to another artist..and she said in complete contrast to my well educated teacher, "well if you feel the green, you have to just go with it. Get it out of your system." Hmm. Novel concept, but I had to wonder, could it be possible, can I escape the all entrancing properties of such a marvelous color? Well..after about 2 years of attempting,I haven't accomplished this feat in anything else besides my wardrobe. Where in complete rebellion, I now own almost everything black. Maybe a hint of red here and there, you know, the opposite on the color wheel.  I now am under the suspicion it may never happen. I know. Totally unoriginal, unimaginitave, but I am learning to accept it. Even embrace it willingly again. To prove it I found a couple green things I like and took their pictures. Here you go. Green is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment